Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I Am Free

My identity is not bound by rules and regulations.
It has no end or beginning.
Its full of twists and turns and non are ugly.
I am free.

Your words will never hinder my glow
Your condemnation will never force away my love
Your rejection will never kill my beauty
I am free

Amongst the trees and in the grass my spirit roars like a lioness
Amongst my cries laughter flows
Amongst my pain life is dawning
I am free

In my eyes is an ocean of deep
On tongue are words of power and praise
In my feet is destiny walking
On my body are no hands laid
I am free

No more will false morals guilt me
No more will false images taunt me
No more will judgment affect me
I am free

I am wild beyond the fiercest of dreams
I am beautiful beyond the edges of the sunset
I am at rest with who I am
I am free

If you don't like me, I'll love you
If you don't want me, I'll love you
If you don't understand me, I'll love you
I am free

A spring of joy is my heart
A river of compassion is my heart
A ocean of acceptance is my heart
I am free

This religion cannot hold me
This death cannot consume me
This hate will not touch me
I am free

I will not forget who I am
I will not forget what I have
I will not forget
I am free

The wild flowers are my reminders
The eyes of people are my hope givers
The love of God is my Re-newer
I am free

I am free and I will live so
I am free and I will love so
I am free
I am free

No comments: